Winter is now upon us, which can mean less shoppers and slower sales in the retail sector. Have you thought about how effective your merchandising displays will be this season? Here are a few ideas to help you increase your sales this winter.
- Ensure you are well stocked. With the first cold snap in winter, you'll sell a lot of your stock, but what happens after that? If you are busy stocking spring items too early, then you could be losing out on sales.
- Show the items in use or group them with complementary items. If you sell clothes, show your customers how to accessorise with the scarves, hats, or gloves you have on offer. If you sell cookware, place a large pot, ladle, soup bowls, soup spoons, and blender together.
- Change the arrangement or position of your displays regularly. Switch which display takes pride of place at the front of your store. You'll have more chance of attracting new customers this way - after all, if they didn't like what they saw last week, why would they like it this week? Mix up the position of your displays to keep it interesting for your regular customers, too, and show them something they may have missed last time.
- Don't underestimate the effectiveness of a theme! Base your displays around a winter theme and remember to have fun with it!Â Quirky, unique window displays can work wonders at catching people's attention. For a full effect, remember to continue the theme throughout your store.
- Incorporate stimulation of the senses. If you sell clothes, encourage your customers to touch and feel the fabrics, so they can see for themselves how soft and warm they are. If you sell cookware, why not ensure your store is filled with light, flavoursome aromas? These subtle suggestions can encourage your customers to make a purchase.
SI Retail has a range of products that can help you with your winter merchandising displays. From garment racks to shelves or freestanding gondolas to dump bins, SI Retail can help you. We can also help with customised products such as mannequins - and our effective signage solutions cover counter sign holders through to hanging signage.
View the full range at www.sishop.com.au or call us on 1800 211 122 for a catalogue!