In-store Media and Display Trends 2014
The trends in shop fitting are increasingly about:
- Change: Modify displays at least once per month
- Flexibility: Versatile displays and interchangeable signage systems
- Do it Yourself: Installed and easily assembled by store staff
Role of In-store Media
The role of In-store media is to attract, engage, assist, inform and create excitement to transform shoppers into customers.
Attract & Engage with POP Media
- Attract customers in-store
- Engage with them on a personal level by providing a solution to their problem. "What am I going to cook for dinner?"
The End-sign, a wall mounted sign display at the entry of your store is a great medium to drive impulse sales from people passing by and to increase your brand exposure. For retailers positioned in long shopping centres, having an end-signs fixed to your store window increases the chance of customers noticing your brand. This is also useful when customers are specifically looking for your outlet. It makes it easy to spot you in the crowd. As a tip, End-sign works particularly well when several are positioned in a row.
The Livewire cable display system is the most cost effective signage system on the market as it is forever customisable. The system is simply a steel cable onto which clear acrylic frames are connected to hold your signage. It's invisible look enables you to not only advertise your promotions but also to create stunning picture walls that you can refresh as often as you want. The Cable display system ticks all the box of the 2014 shop fitting trends; it is interchangeable, flexible and easily installed and refreshed by a store assistant. No more stickers use it as a store window and refresh the signage to reflect the current season and promotions. The Livewire is also the perfect solution to keep your community and notice boards organized and attractive while staying practical.
Educate & Inform with POP media
- Guiding customers in-store to the right category
- Introducing new/improved products or promotions
Hanging signs are great to guide customers through the store and hanging sign accessories allow you to display signage at various heights. For end-aisles, quad-ramas are great as they create a 360-degree hanging display. Poster grips are ideal for aisle signage and SI Retail can also custom create grocery aisle signs with changeable panels to suit retailers' requirements.
Keep your shelf pricing in order with data strips. Angled data strips are particularly effective in making pricing more visible on lower shelves, while the talker data strips allows for extra promotional tickets to be added without additional signage clips which are often lost. As a tip, multiple tickets on the one shelf attract the eye. If you display products on hooks, make sure they are at the same level, sizes and colours and use talker flip label holder to insert extra promotional tickets directly on the hook. Finally, use clip strips to bring complimentary lines together for cross selling.
Assist & Improve customer's shopping experience
- Help them break through the clutter of advertising
- Help them solve a problem. "I could cook chicken, it is on promotion."
We live in a fast-paced society where everyone seems to have even less time to do things, so any message needs to be clear, concise and impacting.
Create Excitement with POP Messages and Media
- By adding value. "Oh this chicken soup recipe looks delicious."
Change your message to reflect seasons and trends so you can attract customers by engaging them on an emotional level.
People are fascinated by a treasure hunt, and that is why a full and messy dump bin will excite shoppers to chase the bargain. According to U.S. studies by the Russell R. Muller Retail Hardware Research Foundation sales increase by 427% when you place products in a Dump Bin. One of our retailers could not believe how successful the dump bins were, even on high end products, items were literally "walking out the door". SI Retail has now a new adjustable ticket holder for dump bins that simply grip on the wire so no more sign stand that fall over.
About SI Retail
SI Retail has 40 years of experience providing retail solutions in shop fittings, shelving and POP displays to retailers, designers and shopfitters in Australia and New Zealand. SI Retail is a family business that originally invented the iconic End-SignTM seen on storefronts across Australia. The company now warehouses over 2000 product lines, has the ability to custom-make most things, has established an office and bond-warehouse in China to ensure efficiency and quality and has developed SI Direct, a dedicated supply chain management service to reduce costs, lead times and risks when fitting out multiple stores across the country.
The Live Wire cable display system is an economical, fashionable and versatile signage system. It is perfect for stores and offices as you can change posters, listings, photos and documents in an instant. Its invisible look enables you to create stunning picture wall that you can refresh as often as you want. The cable display system is an investment that delivers for years, as it is forever interchangeable.
SI Retail's cable display system in offices:
- Create a branded wall in your boardroom or meeting room to highlight your brand and company's culture.
- Display historical photos in the stairwell of the company's office
- Use the cable system to display important information such as employee's certificates or patents.
- Create a company's notice board or news board as you can change the documents as often as you need very easily.
- Use the cable system as a stunning divider wall. It enables you to divide an office space in a very creative way.
SI Retail's cable display system in retail stores
- Use the Cable display system behind the counter to advertise things such as warranty and return policy.
- Advertise your promotions at the entry of your store.
- Create a stunning picture wall. Set the mood of the season with the wire system. You can change the photos as often as you want so it is a very economic way to keep your store fresh and interesting. You can attract customers in your store by changing regularly the photos of the wall to reflect a different theme.
SI Retail's cable display system in a Doctor's office
- Use the cable system to decorate your medical center. Use it to display certificates in the doctor's office and be creative in the waiting room.
SI Retail's cable display system in Real Estate Agencies
- The Real Estate industry is probably the one taking advantage the most of the cable system as they use it to display their current house and land offers in their store windows.
SI Retail's cable display system in Travel Agencies
- The cable system is a must for travel agencies as they rely on beautiful photos that inspire and trigger emotions to sell holidays. This signage system enables you to create stunning displays of your current promotions and destinations. It can also be used to decorate your agency with seasonal travel pictures.
SI Retail's cable display System for Insurance Agencies or Banks
- Feature your services with the cable system. It is always a little tricky to advertise services to customers outside of a brochure. The cable system will help you introduce new services to your customers while they are waiting.
SI Retail's cable display system for showrooms
- This is a great system for showrooms, as you might not always have your physical products on-site. Car retailers for example use it to display other models on A1 acrylic sign holders.
SI Retail's cable display system for Bars, Restaurants and Cafes
- Use it to decorate the walls of your restaurant with ever changing artworks and photos.
- Display your menu in a very creative way at the entry of your restaurant.
The cable system is the perfect signage system for every industries and every type of spaces, offices, agencies, retail stores and showrooms because they are cheap and versatile. Feature important documents or create stunning wall displays.