We have been selling Data Strips for over 20 years. During that time, this product has always met our customer’s expectations.
You Will Need:
- Alcohol based Spirit - Available from Hardware Stores - To clean the glue off shelves, usually if you are replacing old data strips
- A Spatula - It is helpful though not necessary to remove glue from shelving
- Any Cleaning product - Use to clean the dust off shelving especially if your gondola has been sitting for a while.
- Soft Cleaning Cloths - These must be clean and dry.
- A Stanley Knife - To cut the Data Strips to size if required. Though, if you order data strips with SI Retail we will happily cut them to your required length at a nominated cost
Clean the Fronts of the Shelves:
- Use a clean, dry cloth
- New shelves require cleaning as well
- Allow the shelf to dry for 15 minutes
Adhere the Data Strip to the Shelves:
- Measure the Shelves
- Cut the Data Strips to size if required. If you order data strips with SI Retail we will happily cut them to your required length at a nominated cost
- Start at one end of the shelf. Peel a small amount of the double-sided tape at the back and press the Data Strip gently in to position on the front of the shelf. Continue peeling the tape as you move along the shelf.
- Make sure the top of the Data Strip is lined up with the top of the Shelf.
- Apply rolling pressure along the entire length of the Data Strip for a minute with a clean cloth
- Leave the data strip overnight to dry before inserting labels if possible.
- Gently open the front of the data strip and insert your labels
SI Retail offers a wide range of Data Strips to suit your needs. You'll find Flat Data Strip, Flat Talker Data Strip with a grip to add promotional ticket, Angled and Angled Talker Data Strip ideal for lower shelves as well as Top Tape for glass shelves, Hanging for wire display and Jaw Data strip as a non-adhesive option.
If you require additional help or advice about how to install your Data Strip, give us a call on 1800 211 122 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In-store Media and Display Trends 2014
The trends in shop fitting are increasingly about:
- Change: Modify displays at least once per month
- Flexibility: Versatile displays and interchangeable signage systems
- Do it Yourself: Installed and easily assembled by store staff
Role of In-store Media
The role of In-store media is to attract, engage, assist, inform and create excitement to transform shoppers into customers.
Attract & Engage with POP Media
- Attract customers in-store
- Engage with them on a personal level by providing a solution to their problem. "What am I going to cook for dinner?"
The End-sign, a wall mounted sign display at the entry of your store is a great medium to drive impulse sales from people passing by and to increase your brand exposure. For retailers positioned in long shopping centres, having an end-signs fixed to your store window increases the chance of customers noticing your brand. This is also useful when customers are specifically looking for your outlet. It makes it easy to spot you in the crowd. As a tip, End-sign works particularly well when several are positioned in a row.
The Livewire cable display system is the most cost effective signage system on the market as it is forever customisable. The system is simply a steel cable onto which clear acrylic frames are connected to hold your signage. It's invisible look enables you to not only advertise your promotions but also to create stunning picture walls that you can refresh as often as you want. The Cable display system ticks all the box of the 2014 shop fitting trends; it is interchangeable, flexible and easily installed and refreshed by a store assistant. No more stickers use it as a store window and refresh the signage to reflect the current season and promotions. The Livewire is also the perfect solution to keep your community and notice boards organized and attractive while staying practical.
Educate & Inform with POP media
- Guiding customers in-store to the right category
- Introducing new/improved products or promotions
Hanging signs are great to guide customers through the store and hanging sign accessories allow you to display signage at various heights. For end-aisles, quad-ramas are great as they create a 360-degree hanging display. Poster grips are ideal for aisle signage and SI Retail can also custom create grocery aisle signs with changeable panels to suit retailers' requirements.
Keep your shelf pricing in order with data strips. Angled data strips are particularly effective in making pricing more visible on lower shelves, while the talker data strips allows for extra promotional tickets to be added without additional signage clips which are often lost. As a tip, multiple tickets on the one shelf attract the eye. If you display products on hooks, make sure they are at the same level, sizes and colours and use talker flip label holder to insert extra promotional tickets directly on the hook. Finally, use clip strips to bring complimentary lines together for cross selling.
Assist & Improve customer's shopping experience
- Help them break through the clutter of advertising
- Help them solve a problem. "I could cook chicken, it is on promotion."
We live in a fast-paced society where everyone seems to have even less time to do things, so any message needs to be clear, concise and impacting.
Create Excitement with POP Messages and Media
- By adding value. "Oh this chicken soup recipe looks delicious."
Change your message to reflect seasons and trends so you can attract customers by engaging them on an emotional level.
People are fascinated by a treasure hunt, and that is why a full and messy dump bin will excite shoppers to chase the bargain. According to U.S. studies by the Russell R. Muller Retail Hardware Research Foundation sales increase by 427% when you place products in a Dump Bin. One of our retailers could not believe how successful the dump bins were, even on high end products, items were literally "walking out the door". SI Retail has now a new adjustable ticket holder for dump bins that simply grip on the wire so no more sign stand that fall over.
About SI Retail
SI Retail has 40 years of experience providing retail solutions in shop fittings, shelving and POP displays to retailers, designers and shopfitters in Australia and New Zealand. SI Retail is a family business that originally invented the iconic End-SignTM seen on storefronts across Australia. The company now warehouses over 2000 product lines, has the ability to custom-make most things, has established an office and bond-warehouse in China to ensure efficiency and quality and has developed SI Direct, a dedicated supply chain management service to reduce costs, lead times and risks when fitting out multiple stores across the country.